Plyco offers an edge banding service for those who prefer to drink margaritas on a tropical beach somewhere while we do the work. For everyone else, find edging installation instructions below or read more via our blog.
- This edging does not feature adhesives and is recommended for trade customers with experience applying edging using a professional edge banding machine.
Pre-Glued Edging (<1mm Thick)
- This product features hot melt glue and is friendly for the hobbyist and DIYer.
- Line up the back of the edging with the timber surface you're looking to cover and apply heat onto the edging face. A heat gun is ideal but an iron will also do the job.
- After the glue has melted, apply pressure to the edging to ensure adhesion. Placing something heavy on top of the boards (either a block or a board) works wonders.
- If an iron is used, after ironing the edging down it's recommended to wipe the veneer with a damp cloth to cool and set the adhesive. Any area that did not stick can be reheated to activate the glue and then cooled again with the damp cloth.
- Excess edging can be trimmed/sanded to deliver a neat, professional finish.